COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN / HEALTH AND SAFETY FAQ
Hot Chocolate 15k/5k Race Series – COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN / HEALTH AND SAFETY FAQ
Please note that these guidelines vary by location. Each city’s specific guidelines can be found by going to the specific city page using the ‘Cities’ button above.
Ventures Endurance holds the safety of their staff, participants, volunteers, and attendees above all else. To ensure our event is as safe as possible, and stakeholders are comfortable both on and off the course, we’ll be implementing enhanced safety measures, and will provide a comprehensive list of measures to reference.
We’re constantly monitoring health and safety guidance provided by the CDC and the WHO and we are currently working with the local governing entities regarding the protocols and safety measures that will be implemented on race day. Our team continues to work in direct coordination with local public health authorities to meet or exceed all local guidance, rules, and regulations. Accordingly, this Plan is subject to further revisions.
If you’re unable to attend the live event due to a confirmed COVID-19 exposure, a positive test result, or you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the event, and within 48 hours following the event, please email COVID@venturesendurance.com.
- Mask & Face Covering Requirements: Masks and face coverings are REQUIRED for all activities indoor including packet pick-up and indoor space such as enclosed tenting at the race site. All stakeholders will be encouraged to masks and face coverings in all event areas when six-foot distancing cannot be maintained for staff, volunteers, and participants.
- It is recommended that all participants bring their own Personal Protective
- Participants are encouraged to adhere to the six-foot social distancing
- It is recommended that all participants and other attendees are fully vaccinated (including all recommended boosters) at least two weeks prior to the event or have a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to attending the event.
- All pre-race and check-in procedures have been modified to adhere to CDC and state guidelines for Procedures will be communicated with participants well in advance of event day.
- All staff, volunteers, participants, and other applicable stakeholders will be subject to a self- reported health screening/questionnaire. This questionnaire must be completed and submitted prior to participation in event activities. Any stakeholder, participant, or volunteer who fails the screening, or does not submit a complete questionnaire dated as of the date of submission required, will be prohibited from participating or being present at the event.
- No race-day registration, transfers or other transactions will be
- Masks and face coverings will be recommended in all event areas when six-foot distancing cannot be maintained for staff, volunteers, and participants.
APPAREL SIZE EXCHANGES
To reduce the number of touchpoints between the participants and staff, we will not be offering onsite size exchanges for this event. Please login to your account and ensure your size is correct before attending the event.
- Please remain socially distanced while running on the course.
- We recommended you bring your own hydration to the event.
FINISH LINE PROTOCOL
The finish line will require the participant flow in one direction and will have a designated entry and exit in runner refresh. These runner refresh collection points will promote self-service by the participant and have regular exit points to not obstruct the flow of traffic. Masks and Face Coverings will be recommended at the finish line.
- Participants will be asked to leave the finish line chute once they have picked up their medals and post-race
- Ventures Endurance staff and volunteers will monitor all high touch surfaces or areas of activities by cleaning and sanitizing regularly.
Spectators are discouraged from coming to the event and will be prohibited from entering runner areas at the start and finish line locations.