COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN / HEALTH AND SAFETY FAQ
Hot Chocolate 15k/5k Race Series – COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN / HEALTH AND SAFETY FAQ
Ventures Endurance holds the safety of their staff, participants, volunteers, and attendees above all else. To ensure our event is as safe as possible, and stakeholders are comfortable both on and off the course, we’ll be implementing enhanced safety measures, and will provide a comprehensive list of measures to reference.
We’re constantly monitoring health and safety guidance provided by the CDC and the WHO and we are currently working with the local governing entities regarding the protocols and safety measures that will be implemented on race day. Our team continues to work in direct coordination with local public health authorities to meet or exceed all local guidance, rules, and regulations. Accordingly, this Plan is subject to further revisions.
If you’re unable to attend the live event due to a confirmed COVID-19 exposure, a positive test result, or you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the event, and within 48 hours following the event, please email COVID@venturesendurance.com.
- Mask & Face Covering Requirements: Masks and face coverings will be encouraged in all event areas when six-foot distancing cannot be maintained for staff, volunteers, and participants.
- All participants are recommended to bring their own Personal Protective Equipment.
- Participants are encouraged to adhere to the six-foot social distancing
Our expo is considered an indoor event. Accordingly, anyone ages 2+ wishing to attend the expo must, upon arriving at the expo, provide either digital or paper proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19* or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours (antigen test) or 48 hours (PCR test) at the expo entrance. All attendees ages 18+ must also provide identification with their proof of vaccination or negative test. Acceptable identification is any ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities that include the name and photograph of the attendee.
* In order to be fully vaccinated, you must be at least two (2) weeks removed from a second dose of a two-dose mRNA series (Pfizer/Moderna) vaccine or at least two (2) weeks removed from a single dose of a Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine. Vaccines approved by the WHO for emergency use authorization listed by the CDC are acceptable to participate in live event. These approved vaccines can be found here.
**Test results must include the participant’s name and date of test. At-home COVID test results will not be accepted.
- All pre-race and check-in procedures have been modified to adhere to CDC and state guidelines for Procedures will be communicated with participants well in advance of event day.
- All staff, volunteers, participants, and other applicable stakeholders will be subject to a self- reported health screening/questionnaire. This questionnaire must be completed and submitted prior to participation in event activities. Any stakeholder, participant, or volunteer who fails the screening, or does not submit a complete questionnaire dated as of the date of submission required, will be prohibited from participating or being present at the event.
- No race-day registration, transfers or other transactions will be permitted.
- Masks and face coverings will be recommended in all event areas when six-foot distancing cannot be maintained for staff, volunteers, and participants.
APPAREL SIZE EXCHANGES
To reduce the number of touchpoints between the participants and staff, we will not be offering onsite size exchanges for this event. Please login to your account and ensure your size is correct before attending the event.
- Please remain socially distanced while running on the course.
- We recommend you bring your own hydration to the event.
FINISH LINE PROTOCOL
- The finish line will require the participant flow in one direction and will have a designated entry and exit in runner refresh. These runner refresh collection points will promote self-service by the participant and have regular exit points to not obstruct the flow of traffic. Masks and Face Coverings will be recommended at the finish line.
- Participants will be asked to leave the finish line chute once they have picked up their medals and post-race hydration.
- Ventures Endurance staff and volunteers will monitor all high touch surfaces or areas of activities by cleaning and sanitizing regularly.
Spectators are discouraged from coming to the event and will be prohibited from entering runner areas at the start and finish line locations.